Your patio needs an update! If you have decided on that, the next obvious step is to look for new furniture. Exterior décor has come a long way in the last two decades, and there is so much variety in design, styles and themes in furniture. From vintage patio furniture, to using sustainable materials, the options are way too many. In this post, we are discussing all that you need to know before buying new furniture for the patio.
Follow the practical tips-
- First things first, make sure that you buy outdoor furniture in particular. While style is important, you must invest in furniture that’s meant to bear the brunt of weather and extensive use.
- Do not buy furniture that’s too heavy to be moved around. This just leaves enough room to reshuffle the layout of the patio, whenever you are in mood to change the arrangements of the area.
- Consider your needs. If your patio gets enough sunlight, you must go for resting furniture, like a sunbed. Also, don’t overdo the space. The best patios have enough of free space to move around.
- Think of maintenance. Maintenance and care are relevant aspects to consider when it comes to outdoor furniture. For instance, you don’t have to worry much about materials like wicker, metal and cedar.
- Quality counts. You would be replacing patio furniture anytime in the last five to ten years, so think of this as an investment and buy accordingly.
Trends to look for
One of the biggest trends this season is vintage. Old, rugged look of outdoor furniture has been trending for a while, and this ensures that you don’t have to adhere to a specific theme. Another trend that people have been raving about is sustainable furniture. Products that don’t have environmental impact are now being considered more. In terms of color and themes, gone are times when things had to be too matching. This is the age of contrast and shades in furniture, so don’t shy away from experimenting with ideas. Designers are also restoring old furniture for reuse, even if they are not exactly antique or vintage.
Your patio should be an extension of your choices, and you have to be smart with furniture, keeping function and comfort in consideration. If that means spending a tad more on something you like, don’t shy away from that, and you can thank us later!