What you Need to Know Before Investing in Evaporative Coolers
Portable evaporative coolers can deliver a high-level of cooling power without using too much energy. Evaporative coolers or swamp coolers are cooling devices that are suitable for the dryer climates. They are affordable to get and cheap to operate.
An evaporative cooling system works by introducing water vapor into the atmosphere, helping lower the temperatures. These days, more and more people use portable evaporative coolers because they are eco-friendlier and more cost-effective than traditional air conditioners.
But, before you buy this kind of cooling system, here are the things you need to know:
Whether they are Applicable in your Area
Typically, evaporative coolers are more powerful than normal fans and more efficient than AC. These devices are used for cooling homes, commercial establishments, schools, hospitals, and churches. In areas that experience high temperatures and low humidity, these coolers lower temperatures to as low as 20 – 40 degrees Fahrenheit. But, in areas with high humidity, they cannot cool down spaces effectively. That is why before you buy this cooling system, check the summertime temperatures and the relative humidity in your area to know if the system works for you.
Benefits of Evaporative Coolers
Many people choose to invest in evaporative coolers because of the following benefits they offer:
- Energy efficiency. Portable air coolers are quite cost-effective because they can cool your place without eating so much of your electricity. Evaporative coolers cost up to 50% less than air conditioners. Check out the costs of running these devices at https://www.aspenair.com.au/evaporative-cooling-running-costs.
- No emissions. Evaporative cooling systems leave a low level of carbon footprint, thus, don’t produce emissions. Unlike conventional cooling systems, they have no refrigerant gas or compressor. Also, these systems don’t release toxic chemicals that can harm the environment.
- Air pollution prevention. Evaporative coolers are fitted with a filter to help in filtering out odor-causing dirt and pollutants from the indoor atmosphere. This helps in improving your indoor air’s quality. Also, these coolers safeguard your rooms from air pollution.
- Cost-effective setup. Portable evaporative coolers can be set up affordably. With these systems, you don’t spend money on installation costs. You can get them from an online store and place them in any room of your house. But, make sure to clear the water tank, filter, and motor routinely. Thankfully, you can do all these tasks without prior experience.
- Portability. Portable evaporative coolers can be easily dragged to any room. Also, they can be packed easily because they are designed to be moved around effortlessly.
Author Bio – Sharon Pulbrook writes for Aspen Air. The family has been involved in the heating and cooling industry for 30+ years. She writes regularly about her industry insights on their blog.