Why is Bangkok Such a Popular Destination for Digital Nomads?
You may not be aware that Bangkok is one of the most popular destinations for digital nomads to set up their operation, and in this article, we will give a few reasons for this. At this point, we would like to define a digital nomad as a person that earns a living on the Internet, and because of this, the person can live in any location, providing they have a stable Internet connection.
- Low Cost of Living – Bangkok is a very modern city, yet the cost of living is low when compared to a developed country like the UK or the US. If, for example, you purchased a condominium unit at The Estelle, Phrom Phong (Called ดิ เอสเทลล์ พร้อมพงษ์ in Thai), you would have all the facilities that come with a premier condo development.
- High Speed Internet – When you consider that you can have a mobile SIM card in your smartphone that gives you hi-speed Internet that you can hotspot to your laptop for around $30 per month. That is unlimited Internet access and what’s more, you can connect with your laptop by setting up a hotspot, allowing you to work whenever and wherever you please.
- Great Social Life – As you can imagine, when a lot of like-minded young tech entrepreneurs are in one city, they like to get together socially; you can meet digital nomads from all parts of the world, and Bangkok is a great city for nightlife. All along Sukhumvit Road, there are many coffee shops that double as workstations for the expats, all offering free Wi-Fi when you order a coffee, and if you aren’t into working alone, you can enjoy the friendly ambience in any of the coffee shops that can be found all over the city.
- Tropical Climate – Many Europeans flee the harsh winter at home, preferring instead to live in a tropical climate such as Thailand, and with temperatures that range from 18-41C, you will never experience the cold while in Thailand, even in the winter.
- Close to Tropical Paradise – When you live in Bangkok, you are only a few hours’ drive from a tropical beach or island, and there’s no reason why you can’t hop on an air-conditioned bus and spend a few days relaxing on the beach. Towns like Hua Hin and Rayong have many working expats who enjoy year-round sunshine, indeed, some actually live on the coast and by-pass Bangkok altogether, which is an attractive proposition for anyone.
If you are earning your living on the Internet, why not pack up and fly to Thailand, where you can have a great lifestyle and purchase your own condo unit somewhere in the city of Bangkok.
Comments are closed.